St. Catherine of Siena Mass Intention Policy
The practice of requesting a Mass to be offered for loved ones, living or deceased, is a beautiful part of our Catholic tradition. In order to accommodate the many requests for Mass intentions in accord with Canon Law and Archdiocesan policy, the following is St. Catherine of Siena’s policy:
- A request may be made for a deceased person, a living person who is sick, a living person celebrating a birthday or an anniversary, in thanksgiving, or an intention fitting to the Eucharistic celebration (vocations, world peace, etc.).
- A Mass intention may not be made for an unknown “special intention.”
- Requests for Mass intentions will be honored on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Mass intentions can be scheduled up to one year in advance.
- Only one intention can be offered for each Mass except at the 4:00 pm Saturday Vigil Mass and the 11:00 am Sunday Mass; these are the only two Masses that multiple intention Masses are allowed.
- Each weekend, one Mass is offered for all parishioners. This intention rotates among the 7:00 am, 9:00 am, and 5:30 pm Sunday Masses.
- A maximum of 5 single intention Masses can be requested for any one intention in a given year; requests for more than 5 Masses will be schedule for multiple intention Masses.
- The suggested offering is $5 per intention.
- Requests for Mass intentions will not be taken over the telephone at the parish office.
- Mass requests will be granted as close to the requested date and time as possible. If it is not possible to comply with the primary request, the parish office will contact you to find another date or time.
- Mass intentions scheduled at least two weeks before the Mass are published in the bulletin and usually mentioned at the beginning of Mass.
- The person requesting a Mass intention may ask for a card that they can send to notify the person that the intention has been scheduled.
- Complete the Mass intention form to request Mass intentions. Please PRINT clearly.
If you have any questions regarding Mass intentions, please call our parish office at (504) 835-9343.